Information We Collect
When you join the Club we ask that you provide us with certain information (which you authorised to be provided to us by giving it). These are your name, email address, postal address, Facebook profile name and your date of birth. Our website does not collect or store your information. We will seek your consent for your appearance in photographs taken at our events, that are used on our website or as part of our promotional activities.
Why We Need Your Information and How We Use It
We rely on a number of legal bases to collect, use, and share your information, including:
- as needed to provide our services, such as when we use your information to communicate Club matters to you;
- when you have provided your affirmative consent, which you may revoke at any time, such as by signing up for our newsletter mailing list;
- if necessary to comply with a legal obligation or court order or in connection with a legal claim, such as retaining information about your membership if required by law; and
- as necessary for the purpose of our legitimate interests, if those legitimate interests are not overridden by your rights or interests, such as 1) providing and improving our services. We use your information to provide your membership to the Club and in our legitimate interest to improve our services; and 2) Compliance with our British Motorcycling Federation (BMF) associated membership and insurance policy.
Information Sharing and Disclosure
It is important to us that we safeguard information about our members. We have policies and procedures in place to protect you. We only share your personal information for very limited reasons and in limited circumstances, as follows:
- BMF, we do not automatically provide your information to BMF but may be called up to do so under certain circumstances in relation to the Club’s insurance policy.
- Facebook. We manage a secret forum on Facebook for Club communication and manage your membership of that. Inclusion in the Facebook group is on the basis of you having active and fully paid membership of the Club.
- Service providers. If it is necessary for us to send any documentation of regalia to you, we will use Royal Mail through the Post Office to deliver your parcel. We will share your personal information with these third parties, but only to the extent necessary to perform these services.
- Compliance with laws. We may collect, use, retain, and share your information if we have a good faith belief that it is reasonably necessary to: (a) respond to legal process or to government requests; (b) enforce our agreements, terms and policies; (c) prevent, investigate, and address fraud and other illegal activity, security, or technical issues; or (d) protect the rights, property, and safety of our members, or others.
Transfers of Personal Information Outside the EU
We do not store or process your information through third-party hosting services outside the EU.
If you reside in certain countries, including the EU, you have a number of rights in relation to your personal information. While some of these rights apply generally, certain rights apply only in certain limited cases. We describe these rights below:
- Access. You may have the right to access and receive a copy of the personal information we hold about you by contacting us using the contact information below.
- Change, restrict, delete. You may also have rights to change, restrict our use of, or delete your personal information. Absent exceptional circumstances (like where we are required to store data for legal reasons) we will generally delete your personal information upon request.
- Object. You can object to (i) our processing of some of your information based on our legitimate interests and (ii) receiving marketing messages from us after providing your express consent to receive them. In such cases, we will delete your personal information unless we have compelling and legitimate grounds to continue using that information or if it is needed for legal reasons.
- Complain. If you reside in the EU and wish to raise a concern about our use of your information (and without prejudice to any other rights you may have), you have the right to do so with your local data protection authority.
How to Contact Us
If you have any questions or concerns, you may contact email@example.com